I always struggle to get things finished during the school holidays. I usually only manage a coupe of hours each morning to do everything crafty I want to do, then chores and family take over. So on a usually week I would have managed to get this done in maybe three days, it’s taken me a lot longer than that to be able to share the final piece. Here is a gallery view of all the pages in order:
To avoid the final massive, zoomed-in, blurry photo here is the last page:
So there has been a slight re-arrangement of pages and a slight edit to make the words flow a bit better. All of the words are from stamps or from the packaging. You will recognize the small text and the large MEs if you have any Dina stuff, I’m sure. The few changes are swapping pages three and four – I felt the flow of Be willing to be me. Be the best kind of me, me, me flowed into Be willing to play better than the other way around. Do you agree?
The other change is more subtle. Pair seven is:
All well and good. But there was a disconnect, for me, with the text on the next page. The original pair eight is on the left.
Annoying that as I was flipping thru the pages were not laying perfectly flat for photography so one side is slightly angled. Any way, I removed the Stop Wishing line because the flow of Never Stop Trying then Never Stop, flowing immediately into Stop Wishing was too much of a contradiction to suit me! Start Doing as the next line made more sense.
Overall, this was a lot of fun. It was a great using-your-trash project (and I am still thinking a 100 Days of Trash Transformed project would be a lot of fun) and it was challenging to make something I love from really limited supplies. Other than those two flowers that have been hanging around looking for a home for MONTHS, it is 100% Dina supplies. And that was fun too. It confirmed the annoyance I have with that lumpy stamp, but otherwise yeah, all good. I thought I might manage to use the alpha stamps that finally arrived on this project but I was too far into it to manage that. Next time…
Day 56 – sorry for the slightly off centre shot, I took it in a bit of a rush :