I will begin by adding some printables that I made last week, before I got sidetracked by bookmaking.
I think looking at the PDF on my monitor, the text looks fuzzy. I’ve printed them to test for myself and they are actually fine. There are strips for a 6×4 photo (along the 6″ or 4″ edge) and the 4″ inch ones also fit a 3×4 inch photo or filler card. There are some 3″ ones too. Just little label-maker style text strips that you might find useful. Grab them here.
Now continuing the bookmaking adventure, I did try the rectangular labels. Not a total fail but not a total success either. First, an annoyance. I was quite pleased with the paper booklet that came as a gift with Crafts Beautiful. Cute patterns, mostly, double-sided and a nice weight for the map folds, not too bulky.
Then I opened it. WTF?
Printed right on the paper! DOH. Careful placement of the dies just barely worked
Some of the edges look a little nibbled. The real problem is that there is a formula for doing the map fold on a rectangle. Width – Height / 2 (width of paper across minus the height of the paper divided by 2) and that number is where you would mark for your diagonal score lines. But because of the shaped edges I was struggling to get it right. Technically that is 9 1/2 wide minus 6 high = 3 1/2 divided by 2 = 1 3/4 inches. But every time I did it, it seemed to fold just slightly differently. And sometimes the folds had to be adjusted so the finished unit had neat edges.
I found doing one side perfectly then adjusting the other so the points matched, worked best. And making a template for the point to fold the side in to helped as well.
The construction is pretty much the same, although I made the covers from the biggest size (same as the pages) then the inner cardstock dividers from the next size down. It made for an interesting book.
I am madly folding pop-up boxes, from my better designed .svg, to finish off the handful of ATCs before Wednesday. Bank holiday tomorrow and we may actually get out for the day, so doing laundry too. Blech. After spending the entire day disassembling DS’s Stompa bed OMG! what a job) and filing a mountain of paperwork, and prepping an enormous amount of meat for the BBQ (enough to last the week for sure) and to populate the new freezer, I could use a day out….