The penultimate BIG CARD.
I had an idea for the Distress Stains, so gave it a go. First I tamped on some of the white DS over the black card. All over. Alone, if give it an almost starry-night-sky look. I used this funny little brush – no idea where I got it, but the brush part is a bit like a scrubber – actually, it is very like the scrubbing square from the Indigo Blu foiling kit.
My thought was that once the DS dried then colours of stain over the top would not colour the black card, but WOULD colour the white stain. It is very subtle in the photo, more vibrant IRL.
I did the Tumbled Glass first then Worn Lipstick over that.
I also daubbed the white stain thru some sequin waste and let it dry.
Re-positioning the waste to match, I coloured the white dots with Distress INK, Peacock Feather and Picked Raspberry.
I added the words by printing two copies – the main box I coloured with the Peacock Feather then did the other on with Picked Raspberry. I cut them out and layered them.
I think this could make a nifty card or ATC background. Worth playing around with a bit more, as the dried Distress Stain really grabs the colour, as you can see best in the close up of the dots.
Just the Ace left to do. I already did the Doodled one for the Spades so I really need to think on that – and plan what weekly project I need to begin for 2013!