So I shared progress on the mini flag book, which I am mostly pretty happy with. But in the end I was kinda annoyed by the fact I had two serious lapses in judgement.
First, I neglected to do any decoration on the backs of all of those little flags. Would have been super easy to do before I put the whole thing together.
The second but related lapse was that even when I looked at them and thought hummm… I carried on and added the covers. I mean, clearly the universe was trying to warn me and I totally ignored it. So then I had to think of WTF I was going to do. I did try just using a dauber to add colour but it looked… not right
Tiny gel plate to the rescue!
I was MUCH happier with the effect there, and it was just by using one of the minis that I could sneak the plate in to the opening between the layers of flags. Phew. I slapped a tiny bit of nano tape onto a water bottle lid and added a tiny star. Also small enough to sneak between the layers of flags to stamp a coordinating image.
Very happy. It is not meant to add a lot, just make the backs of the flags a lot less…bare looking. Which it does.
So still left with a decision o the cover. I have an idea or two that should work. Let me play. Hum. Play or tidy… what will it be…
29/08/2022 at 8:38 am
love that you fixed the backs of the flags. they look much better for a splash of colour – hindsight, eh!! a wonderful thing! Play. play… never tidy!