So it was a pretty simple process and was perfect or afternoon movie time. I did end up mixing in some blue and some white threads for a bit more interest in the stitching
And the red button worked exactly as perfectly as I hoped. I played around with some beads (there at the side)
and made a twisted rope for the hanging part. You know, where you twist and twist and twist till it spins back around itself?
I didn’t want to use a twig and I didn’t have a dowel and no knitting needles that worked. I did happen to have an old shish kebeb skewer in my craft room, and enough of that red flannel to cover it.
I first used a bit of tacky glue to hold it in place then stitched the wrap closed. It worked beautifully. No great well-lit place to photograph it today but you get the idea:
And just a little close up of the beaded bit – I just love those little skulls.
I have…four other little piles of fabric, but this has also given me another idea that I think I might play with to see if it come to anything. But I might make at least one more, as I have 5 more days of school holidays so 5 more movie-afternoons to fill…..