ACAD – Week 5 – day one

Sunday – Oh dear. I discovered the binder that I used in the past to sort scrap for cardmaking. Each sleeve has what I believe will work together to create a card.

The things in this binder really need to get sorted into the envelopes in the system I am using now, but I thought why not go ahead and make this week’s cards from the binder? It’ll likely be paper I have not used or even seen for a while so maybe kinda fun!

To begin with, a tale of the frustration of YouTube. I HATE it when you see a glimpse of something and then it disappears and no matter how hard you try you simply cannot find it again! I saw a thumbnail that I wanted to watch but when I finished the video I actually clicked on (with my daughter, something like All the best stuff coming to Netflix in July) and hit back, it was nowhere to be found. I Googled SO MANY THINGS to find it I can’t even remember. and then a few days later, while on the treadmill, I saw that thumbnail again! I clicked and watched it. It was a fun pinwheel card (which I intentionally did not use when searching cause I was sure I would get the whirlygig style pinwheel, like the ones you blow on) called a Pinwheel Tower.

I liked it a lot and knew I was going to try to make one for at least one of the cards this week. I had an idea for a change but no time to fiddle about to make it work. But I did make one. Easy enough, and of course after I found ONE then YouTube showed me a dozen more variations – it turns out it’s a Stampin’Up design (I think) so every SU gal seems to want to do their own video of it. This is the one I followed.

And yeah, it does fit neatly in a standard (A6?) envelope!

Monday and Tuesday but both made on Monday! The next two were from the binder. I made this one first:

Then this one from the scraps and using the same dies:

The interesting thing is I also used two things I have had hanging about forever. This ink is the best ink I ever bought for clear stamps. Never that weird spotty look you get sometimes, even on brand new stamps. I love it. They don’t make it anymore, or not that I can find. Shame. And the odd little pick-up things, no idea where I got them. They work, but BluTack on the end of a stylus works too, for when I run out of these.

I seem to be slipping more and more into making more than one card in a session, when I have a lot of scraps from card One. My feeling is this challenge is more about using stuff up than the one-a-day thing, so I refuse to let myself worry about that. It’s my challenge to myself so I set the rules! I do feel it might be time to set out alllll the cards and take an overall shot. Might do that next week and see where I am.