Well, son is safely back in LA (or as safe as one CAN be in LA) and much of the trauma and turmoil of recent months has settled down a bit. We have a decision on DDs further education from the SEN panel and it is good news from almost all aspects, my health is as good as it has been since the onset of the NAM, my meds are reasonably well figured out, and I have found the time and energy to be creative. We have made progress on the house and the garden and at least for today, the sun is shining – no mean feat for June in England!
I thought I would share the pages as a result of the Permission to Play class by Carolyn Dube. I felt so out of practice, my mojo well and truly gone walkabout, that I thought a structured class that stressed no rules, just play, would be a great way to stay focused. And I feel like that DID happen. I made the ATCs last week, while beginning on the cardboard pages of the journal for the class. But then life intervened and they sat, bare and unloved, waiting for me to be ready. This morning, while DH and DD were off ice skating, I started Breakfast at Tiffany’s on Audible and by the end of its 3-hour run time I was pretty much done with the pages and the lessons up to the binding.
The covers are bits of a beer carrier box, I think. I’ve had them squirreled away for a few years, awaiting a project. I like the hand-hold holes! The left page in the photo above is a total OOPS, or Outstanding Opportunity Presenting Suddenly, as CD calls a big mess! I have been feeling like my desk is smaller than it used to be and I finally figured out that it is, and why – I lost the HUGE WIDE window ledge in the old house, that extended my desk widthwise, and as I don’t have my computer desk, my working space and the side desk all in a row, I am working on a MUCH smaller area! That causes overlap
The reverse of one of the pages sat on top of my paint palette and picked up a lot of colour, in shade that couldn’t help but make mud. With some spray ink and some white paint thru a stencil it ended up being OK, but def. one for the back of the journal LOL!
The only one that I managed to identify something in the Spark is the middle one above, with what I see as a very dejected fellow leaning against a wall. There is also one Spark page that is still bare.
Overall I am pretty happy with the pages as a base for more stuff. I feel a need to let it all fester in my brain for a bit before moving on. I am also inclined to consider another binding method than the ribbon – I’ve never been a fan of ribbon binding and while it does seem like the best option from a practical for a class standpoint, I just feel I will end up being less happy with it. I’m hoping the festering will either present me with another suitable option or the time will let me come to grips with it!
On a side note, while watching the class I was tickled pink to catch a glimpse of something on her shelf:
I thought Hey! I recognize that! and indeed it was a little thing I sent her 5 years or so ago. I surely intended to cut apart EVERYDAY to make EVERY DAY and didn’t. DOH! So me. And so nice of her to display it despite the error. Oops.
I have another project on the go, unrelated to art, that I will also share, but not today!