I started playing around with this a little while ago. I decided to streamlining the process by taking the time to create a file that has the month blocks all laid out. I am hoping this keeps me from making silly errors. It also means I can add the date blocks with ease – and change the font quickly too. I usually cycle thru a number of fonts in a number of collections (plain and simple and handwritten being the most used collections) to find the right one, and it is nice to see the whole block converted, to see any oddities that make that font not a good choice.
I have also been playing with quite a bold and bright geometric set but am not 100% happy with that one yet. But I hope this pretty pastel version will appeal. I added three background blocks on the last page, which can be used as filler cards or with a smaller photo added, or as the base for a handmade card. The cards look like this:
and you can download the 3-page PDF here.
Hopefully that will keep you busy till I get back into the swing in the fall!