I am really anxious to make enough pages on the file folders to get to the point I can test out the back-to-back construction. I’m also wondering, like with an art journal, how unrelated pages will look side by side. So of course I had to make another one.
For this page, I also wanted and overall brighter look. I went back to Bizous Zoo paper that I have had for YONKS. I just couldn’t get enough of that line when it came out and still adore it. As the photo was B&W I could really use anything with it.
I liked this paper as it had both great blocks of fab colour, but also the plain, misty bottom strip and some perfectly punchable flowers. I deconstructed it.
Love this bit
I took the bits and first played around with the layers to get a basic idea of the size and position.
Of course it always changes. I also wanted to look at how it would work with the other page. From there it’s just distressing and inking edges, adding the background texture and colour, then sticking it all down.
I feel like it needs a little shot of something upper right, not sure. I always look at the rubbish on my desk to see what I might be able to add. For this, the black star is the mask from that Gelli print last week, I also coloured a bit of the drywall tape with an ink pad. And there was a long string from one side that stuck to the roll. I peeled that off and coiled it (it sticks to itself! How handy – much better than string or thread) and spritzed it with ink.
The ink sort of neutralizes (but to totally) the sticky on the top so I’m not worried about it sticking to the page on the other side. Not sure about the title yet. Maybe that will fill that top right corner and balance it better…..
Side by side:
Part of the placement is dictated by where dimensional elements from one page will press against the other page when closed. For the most part I am trying not to have something press against the photo, but other than that I’m not bothering about it.
I am having so much fun…..