I wanted to play a bit more with the Gelli-as-stamp idea and as they have a challenge giveaway at Gelli Arts I thought why not?
Most of the background had other methods of applying paint, but when it came to adding the key image, well that had to be the Gelli-as-stamp.
The background is A4 in size, so fits neither the 8×10 plate or the 6×6 one perfectly. For easy of use and the size of the image I wanted to add I used the 6×6.
I stuck the plate to a large acrylic plate (yep. Found ’em)
I mixed a bit of glaze medium with the paint first, to increase the open time.
Rolled it onto the plate and created the detail of the print on it.
As I mentioned yesterday, I feel the paint removal techniques are where this technique really comes in to its own. Now with the mask removed all I had on the plate was my heart.
I hovered over the plate, deciding exactly where it looked best. It wasn’t exactly where I first thought, so this helped me place it better.
I did a second heart, darker purple, and again, I was able to put it right where it needed to be without trying to peep under the paper, had I done it the usual way.
The glaze medium left the hearts semi-sheer but for the last one I wanted it to be more opaque. It was fine, as I knew exactly where I wanted it to go so I could stamp it pretty quickly. I rolled on some liquid paint and added the mask, then bounced a metal ruler (not TOO hard) over it.
then checked out the print, OMG! Such a simple thing but I do love the effect, esp. of the purples showing thru.
I did a few more things to it, but maybe stopping here might have been better. Anyway here is thew whole thing.
All a bit chaotic but certainly colourful.
I also think that the Gelli-stamp idea is a good one to be able to print on a larger sheet. I can see using the plate as a stamp on a LARGE sheet of paper, but not overlapping and printing random (square or rectangular) areas, but doing more intentional printing. I do know I’ll do it again. Might even try the larger plate just to see what happens.