scrappystickyinkymess

SDC 111 – Color Challenge

7 Comments

This week the SDC challenge is a colour one, yellow, orange and purple.  Funnily enough I used those colours for an OLD challenge, using iris folding (just about the only iris folding I have ever done!)

cardsdc8mark2

That was SDC 8 (!) and PURPLE.  This challenge is 111.  I’ve not done EVERY one but I have done a LOT of them yet never once have  I won the draw.  To be honest I’m not even sure if I am eligible – or in fact if it would be worth winning – as I live out of the USA.  It would be lovely if the winner was outside of the USA and were able to collect the “prize” from an in-country shop that sells the stamps.  I so need some new ones but haven’t been able to do mu usual $100 order delivered to wherever we are in the USA.  But my in-laws are due for a visit in November so there is hope.

Anyway, here is THIS challenge project.

sdc111e

It’s another note card holder, but resolving one problem with the usual one .

sdc111f

It always irritated me that if you pick up the original one, and by chance turn it upside down, all the cards and envelopes fall out, due to the opening being at the top. This way, with the opening in the middle, that doesn’t happen.  BUT, the stuff does tend to shift towards the middle/spine when you open it, although I guess I find that preferable to them all tumbling out on to the floor!

Really the only change you need to make is to make the bottom flap equal to the middle section.

sdc111

You still cut away the sides, it’s just a bigger area!  This also solves the other niggle I had, which is the pocket, when attached in the common way, by the little side flaps, tends to let the cards catch on the flap.  Or at least it does for me.  Making the pocket a solid piece, attached at the back, makes putting in and taking out the cards just a little smoother.

Then I made a set of note cards.  I was looking for some “clean and simple” way to make cute notecards and that left out my USUAL method of dealing with the Stampotique images (Copic colouring) and making the Word Search printables gave me this idea.  It may need some refining, but I like them well enough the way they are to post them.

sdc111g

A close-up may help you see better what is going on!

sdc111h

The process is actually easier than you may think, and I will try to work thru it and capture the steps for you then add them tomorrow for WOYWW, as I have some other ideas for the technique and that is def. what will be on my W on W!

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “SDC 111 – Color Challenge

  1. I love it! Gorgeous project and an interesting color choice 🙂 Suzanne

  2. What a great idea! I love these images on the word search backs- I may do this myself 🙂 Glad u joined us at the Stampotque blog!

  3. I love these cards, they look so striking. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

  4. I love your Iris folded card and your card pocket set. Fabulous. Great idea and really well done.

    Congrats on being a top 3!

  5. Love your iris folding and your set of cards are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer’s Challenge this week.

  6. Mary Anne, this set of notecards is just such fun! Love them all–likely because I love word games AND Stampotique stamps! Very clever idea! That iris folding in your original work is just perfect!

  7. What a lovely set of cards, thank you for joining in with the Stampotique challenge this week. x

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you found something interesting and welcome your feedback. If you ask a question, and don't add your email, do either subscribe to replies or check back. I try to answer every question if I can. Cheers!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s