So I DID find my packing tape and had a bit of a play with the Gelli Arts technique. Love it.
I like what happened. I did the pulls then stuck one to tin foil, rubbed on Indigo Blu foiling flakes for one, and the other stuck it to a page of one of the MANY out of date A to Zeds we have from when we lived in The Square Mile. I must have 10 of these.
That one I made into an ATC – or at least the beginnings of one. I got around the too-small tape by leaving a bit of the page on show.
I love the foiling flakes on the back – it looks fab IRL, less so in the photo:
Either in the video or on the blog it mentions that the tape is limiting, sizewise, and you can also use clear self-lamintating sheets. Didn’t have any of those, so I did what I often do and looked at what I DID have to see what might happen if I used that instead. I DID have a pack of Avery Clear label sticker sheets.
What happened is the sticker sheet, which is designed to dull any glare, really took the prints down to a very matte effect. It dulled the colours over paper and over tin foil, made the foil look a dull silver-gray. Again, not sure how well the photos show this.
But not today….today, Kool Aid hair colouring. Well, I SAY Kool Aid. Two of the packs (sent by my MIL when I was planning on dyeing yarn with them) are WalMart brand so no idea if this will work at all, especially on DDs brown hair.