Th electrician did NOT solve the power problem. Grrr. So I am not having my Mac on unless I am sure I won’t turn off the wrong light switch and blow the circuit.
I have been wanting to play with my Gelli plate since the WOYWW crop and Fairy Thoughts Janet mentioning a technique with packing tape. Can I find my two big rolls of clear tape? Of course not. I’m sure I will but in the meantime, I did something I’ve been itching to try – printing on tin foil. I have some very heavy weight foil and thought it might work well.
First I smoothed the foil over a square of heavy cardstock, just to give it some stability. I painted over it with matt glaze medium – I wanted to give the foil some tooth and didn’t have transparent Gesso, only white, so I improvised.
Loaded the plate and decorated it. I made sure to do at least part of it where the bare plate was on show, and used a stencil then printed through that, techniques to preserve at least some of the foil shine in areas.
I slipped the foil into an embossing folder, but didn’t emboss it, just squeezed the folder together and rubbed. It gave me a more gentle texture. I think had I left the foil on the cardstock, then embossed it, it would have been sturdy enough to use the piece on a card, or stuck to a canvas, although peeling the foil away from the supporting card means it is very flexible so could easily be used to cover something curved.
Tomorrow, DD want’s to try putting some colourful highlights in her hair – I unearthed a handful of Kool Aid packs I had bought for dying yarn. A couple of the ones I have left may work with DDs darker hair, so we will give it a go. Since it’s temporary and will wash out, and not “chemical” at all, we should be fine. I suspect it’s more likely that the colour impact will be very slight without bleaching her hair first, and that is not something I am prepared to do!