I’ve seen a couple of samples (on probably Pinterest, but can I find them now? NO) of cards that have been paper-pieced and then embossed. I don’t even know what it’s called to look for it! Anyway, I didn’t have time to properly sort out projects for the crop on Saturday so I just jammed a few things in my crop bag and planned on playing when I got there. I had a vague idea of how it worked, but may have gone badly wrong. The first one I tried was a stamped holly sprig. I stamped all the bits in different colours, cut them out, and attached them to the card then embossed. I *think* most of the samples I’ve seen all used the same cross-hatch embossing folder, which I don’t have this one worked OK.
and a closer view, so you can see they are all cut out:
so then I used some scraps and one of Julia’s dies to make this version:
I really liked it with the ornament die, even if I did have it the wrong way round in the folder!
When I got home, I wanted to have another go with a swirly folder I knew I had, but…no die! So I quickly made myself a little SVG file.
I did a test cut on white card so I could see where to put the bits, then laid on all the scraps to cut again.
And cut. I was using scraps and wasn’t sure if it would all work out, so the colours aren’t perfect but they are certainly good enough for a test-card.
After inking the edges, and building the card front I went to emboss it only to realize that a 4 x 6 card front is actually too big to fit the Cuttlebug folders. Grrrrr. I used 4 of the 5 hole-y strips to make the tree but on a bigger card front I could use all 5.
I opted to leave the un-embossed bit at the bottom and disguised it with a bit of ribbon.
I rather like it, although a brighter green, if I had a scrap that was usable, would have been better. I have a bit of an idea I want to play with that I may be able to share tomorrow, if it works.
And DOH! that I can’t add an svg to download.