Blame it on WOYWW. While hopping across desks yesterday I spotted a Stampotique image. Now, a while back I ALWAYS did the Stampotique Challenge. I loved every project I made with them. If we were going back to the States, or someone coming over, I took advantage of the free shipping deals within the US and got a LOAD of stamps at once. But it’s been a while, and life got way too manic and I sort of let it slide. But in order to link to something in my Stampotique Projects page, I had to look at them all. It made me realize how much I missed the challenges – they really were just about the only ones I ever did. I mean, I see some blogs where people do a card and include a list of all the challenges they are using it for. I’m not that organized LOL! THAT made me go look at the current challenge. Which go me thinking about other cards I wanted to try making, which led me to the Joy Fold card. I have birthday cards on my mind (it’s Dads, Sisters, and MILs all tomorrow!) but this one is for none of them, but for my DS in January. Just pulling open the drawer of stamps and seeing the little trio of boys made the idea pop in to my head.
As my desk was (miraculously) clean, I set aside the album and did this instead.
The little image in the corner is actually the tab that holds the front closed. It’s stuck only on the bottom half, leaving the top free to catch the flap.
Let’s see…the font is Sybil Green, if you care, and the round images are created from the 3-heads-in-the-washing-machine stamp. I stamped and embossed it, masking out the heads, then punched it out with a 2″ circle punch. It added just the right extra layer.
I think I’ll do that again.
So there we go. I noted they now allow ANY stamps, any week, which is a change from the alternating Stampotique-only/Any stamp weeks I recall (although at some point I think they went to Stampotique ONLY all the time, or do I misremember that?) so maybe, having done one, I’ll get this into my rotation again. I enjoyed the heck out of making it.
One issue with the Joy Fold cards is they don’t really stand up very well, but I have an idea (that doesn’t require a stand added to the back) that MAY work for that and add a nifty little something to the look of it, but I’ll have to play with that and see if I can make it work reliably. Not sure it will ever be totally stable, but we shall see.
I will get back to the album, I promise, but the next couple of days have a lot jammed in to them so bear with me. Plus I want to use embossing folders for some bits and my GC is still broken and I’ve not yet sorted a replacement. I have to decide on that, and soon!