First thing, I finished the cover of my ATC album. Liking it, but think maybe a coat of Mod Podge to protect it might be in order.
Now, the 10 of Hearts. I’ve been using a lot of acrylic paint recently, so I thought about the interaction (or not) of it with sprays and ink. On a bit of a whim, while awaiting the tree-cutter guy’s arrival, I thought I would experiment. I liked how it turned out so it ended up forming the base of my final background.
First I used my craft mat as a working surface. I blobbed on a bit of golden brown paint, sprayed some dye mist, and dripped on some drawing ink.
I really did no more than that. Laying the cardstock over it I smooshed it with my fingertips then ran the brayer over it. I lifted and turned, wanting to get all the stuff off the craft sheet and on to the cardstock.
A bit splotchy and blotchy but I like that. I filled in the white gaps with some Distress ink and then spritzed on water. As I hope it reacted with the DI only, so those areas got some nice water spots, making it all more interesting.
I used a mask (not one that I use a lot, it’s very flowery) with some Radiant Rain copper mist and a bit of the paint thru a stencil
and added some vinyl letters daubed with the yellow-brown paint.
Now the tree-cutter has arrived (the chain saw is LOUD!) and I have LOADS to be getting on with. Funny, I couldn’t wait to get back to colour from the Spades, and now I am quite looking forward to returning to black with the Clubs! I am missing the Queen (used it for a Stampotique project a long time ago) so only the Jack and King to go….
Sharing on ScrapScene…