My lovely order of Distress Stains arrived from UKS sponsor Country View Crafts and it included the much anticipated Picket Fence. I have been having a good play with them, tried out a lot of ideas I thought would work, and am testing both the limits and the interaction of the stains. Fun, fun, fun. I am truly sticky, inky and messy today!
One of the things I did was to see if stamping with the picket fence on black cardstock would work for one of my BIG CARD Mondays. I think it will. Here is what I did:
I stamped with a big foam stamp, inking it with Picket fence. I dried it with a heat gun. That alone gave a neat effect – I like how the stain pulls away from the edge, giving a halo effect.
I inked a text stamp with Staz-on and stamped that over the Picket fence. It worked very well, and when it was dry I thought back to yesterday and inking over the bleached images. The PF was much whiter so I figured that would work better and it did – I used Distress ink in Spiced Marmalade to highlight the edges of the motif.
Note you can see the text on the black card at certain angles, but it’s not intrusive. If I had planned on turning it in to a card from the start I may have cut a mask, but to be honest I don’t mind the text over the whole front so maybe not.
I splodged some PF and some orange on the craft sheet and swiped through a couple of little paper blooms that were included with my order. I pinched a couple of holes and tied on the bouquet and mounted it on a card front. Simple and I liked being able to make use of a play-time sample for something useful!
And a little close up of the blooms:
I think I’ll be playing with this a little more. I seem to have undone all my good work tidying up over the weekend, so must re-do that for the rest of the day!