Amazed that I have stuck with this, frankly. I have a very short attention span for long projects.
As usual, I began with Distress ink – Barn Door, Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar.
I then took a big stamp – the brand is cover a Card and they are really BIG – and stamped it over the Distress ink. I did dry the ink first, to be sure none of the embossing powder would cling to any of it. Versamark ink and (stupidly) the WOW matte embossing powder. Only stupid because I was going to iron it off anyway so some less precious powder would be better.
I kinda wish I didn’t have so much of it because there are some instances where the Perfect Pearls, with the binder included in the mix when you buy it, would be better. While I usually use Pearl-ex over Versamark, it does stick better to that sort of viscous ink and I wasn’t sure if the DI would hold it well enough. And that was the next step – smudging the lightest colour in (Spun Sugar) over the whole thing then dusting on the Pearl-ex.
I then put the piece between the sheets of an old notebook that I use for this sort of thing and ironed off the embossing. This did seem to set the Pearl-ex quite well, because even brisk scrubbing with a stiff paintbrush didn’t whisk it away. Phew.
Finally I added the word.
All the Diamonds are on white backgrounds. I am thinking I might experiment with using BLACK card for the backgrounds for the Hearts. I won’t e able to Distress ink the whole thing but as this whole process is about testing techniques, it might be worth doing to see what I can come up with. Still unsure where to go with the black suits, but with luck I will come up with something I can follow through on!
Edited to add: I just got an email from Scrap Scene. Looks like they are doing something like WOYWW so I am adding the link. Another chance for inspiration, yippee!