SDC 28 – old book pages

Yesterday I spent with DD seeing a movie, going out to lunch, and just spending some girlie time together.  I will spend today catching up on WOYWW.  But last week I made a card for the SDC challenge, to use old book pages.  I made another one yesterday before the movie, using the same idea.  Not sure which one I like best, but I think I will go with the first.

I used an old French/English dictionary for the paper, weaving it to create the background.  Somewhere I have an old stamp that is basically a piece of raw rubber.  The idea is you stamp the image onto the bare rubber then use THAT to stamp the image, now reversed, on whatever.  It works best with ink that stays wet for a bit – Staz-on would, I suspect, dry too  quickly.  So, a dilemma.  something you want to colour needs an ink that dries and dries well,  with no reaction to Copics, for example.  While I am guessing it would be fine for something you emboss, for something you don’t I’m not sure how well it would work!  Experimentation is needed. {edited to add: so you wonder why I am blathering on about the reverse stamp LOL!  I had thought I would prefer the moon to be LOOKING at Moon Girl but the stamp isn’t that way oriented, hence the thought to reverse it!}

The second card is the same woven background, same dictionary pages, but using the blank pages from the back of the book and stamping over the weaving.  I like it, but not sure I like it as much.  The head was coloured with Distress ink and a paintbrush.  Not sure I like THAT as much as the Copics either.  But I’ll share it anyway …

Off to WOYWW now….