I feel like I had a pretty successful crop on Saturday. I managed to finish 3 layouts and completed the 4th one when I got home. I also scored a few Grand Nesties and a couple of interesting edge dies by The Cat’s Pajamas called CutUps. I really like the bracket shape, as I think it will useful in a lot of ways. There were a few new faces there this week, one a long time UKS member who had fallen out of scrapping but is now getting back in to it. Always a good thing!
Here is the first layout:
The little strips of words I printed on my computer. The paper is ancient, as are the title chipboard letters. I have about a gazillion brads and eyelets, too many to ever use, so I spent some considerable amount of time setting them around the circle – which was in my scrap pile, already cut and ready to go.
A rare Christmas layout, too, as for some reason the day itself tends to be the focus, rather than taking the photos of it. I don’t know why, but it’s almost always been that way – I guess it lets me be a part of it, rather than trying to capture the images, which, frankly, in the low light of early morning are never good.
It felt weird working on this one, on a bright and sunny day, in a warm crop room. And now there is the chaos of my crop bag to sort out, and too much laundry to do. Back tomorrow with another one. This is the only one that doesn’t need the journaling added to it, as the word strips and the title really say it all!