I am making progress on my mini. To start with I am constructing the album cover. I have a habit of keeping cardboard boxes from packaging, if for some reason they seem a good shape or size. I had tucked away this FINISH dishwasher tablet box and dragged it out as it seemed the right sort of size for my album.
I opened it out and trimmed off the sides and top/bottom, except one – you can see why. I want a tab the will tuck to the inside to help hold all I plan to put inside..inside! You can see the side flap on the right, which I scored at just over 1/2 inch. You’ll see more on that when I put it all together.
I distressed the front cover, as in the original from yesterday, just ripping back the top layer of cardboard to reveal the corrugated center
A little Distress ink, and bits and pieces from a single sheet of Graphic 45 paper ( with a bit of a Creative Imaginations sheet for the brown lined paper) and letters from Scenic Route and SEI and there you go:
And a little tip for you: I love the postage edge look, and do have a pair of postage edged scissors, but the scissor edge doesn’t always “fit” the printed elements I want to cut out. When that happens I simply use a tiny hole-punch to punch away the postage edge
You can do the same one any image, even one without a printed postage edge.
So far I have collected my internal papers and made the covers – the back cover is dead boring, just the cardboard, ripped and inked a bit, so I won’t bore you with it. I have started collecting the info I want to include, like recipes, and will get double use out of it all as I have to shop for our Thanksgiving dinner later in the week.
Once I get THIS done I can get back to my other mini-book, started and abandoned when this one seemed a bit more pressing.