scrappystickyinkymess


46 Comments

WOYWW 4/8/2010

Welcome to the WOYWW-ers!  Drop by (and join in) here! I’ve had two weeks where all my comments on Blogspot blogs have either given me an error message or flipped back to the comment screen with no confirmation that the comment was saved.  Thank you if, despite this, you STILL visit and comment on MY blog.  I’ve tried using a different browser (well, three of them, actually) and am no closer to figuring out what the problem is.  I will keep trying – I saw some fab stuff that I WANTED to comment on but after 5 or more long comments typed and not one of them appearing I have to admit I just gave up.  I plan to try to comment on a few favourite blogs today to see if the problem has sorted itself out.  Fingers crossed.  If it happens again I may just email me comments to those who include an email address. Grrr. {and just to update, this seems to be a problem for many WordPress users according to the Blogger help forum >here. Is this Blogger’s not-so-subtle was to encourage people to switch?}



Desk first – a horrific mess.







What I am working n is a little technique tag book.  I have a few things that I believe I “invented” and thought it would be useful to document the methods because I tend to forget exactly how I got the effect.



Here are a few of them:







The first is a resist technique (and I so did not invent THAT one) over gridded notebook paper. Next one it is hard to see but it is a sort of shadow effect with a stamp first in metallic acrylic paint and then overstamped.  Next is a bit of canvas, painted then run thru in a Cuttlebug folder painted in a darker colour then stitched on to a tag (did a You Tube post on this one.  Last is  tag, painted with acrylic paint, then same idea – paint a Cuttlebug folder and run it thru to emboss and deposit the darker paint over where the raised bits are.  Then I embossed the whole tag with clear embossing powder.



I have a few more I want to do in this sort of tag format:







The one on the left has a chunk of coffee filter glued to the tag before it is embossed (one of the Tim Holtz texture folders) and then it is smudged with Distress Ink.  It give a fabulous texture to the tag, almost linen-like, which I love love LOVE.  The other is a card, using the mono-printing technique, but tweaked a bit and again you totally cannot see it, but I stamped with Versamark over the alcohol ink and dusted on Pearl-ex.  The AI is on dye-sub printer paper, which is a little grid of rounded rectangles.  I love the effect of this as well!



Here is a previously posted photo that shows it a lot better:







That is enough for now – looking forward to visiting, even if I can’t manage to comment – but I am SO hoping I can.