I have dithered and dithered about how to do this post – should I make a post that is so heavy on images that it takes a day to load? Should I post just a taster each day and stretch it out over the week? Should I post just the tutorial on making the boxes and one image?
In the end I decided the best way is to post an overview one day, detailed shots the next and the tutorial the final day.
I am really pleased with this. Although I already did a “walled garden” card/piece for the challenge even as I was working on it the idea for this one was percolating in my brain. I took a couple of days to make, on and off, but in the end I am very happy with it.
Anyway here it is:
This is the top of the main box. The flower is from a stamp from a Fancy Pants 12 x 12 set, stamped 3 times and separated by chipboard circles. The stick pin is stuck thru all thee circles, daubed with glue for security, to provide both a handle for opening the box AND so Moon Girl will appear to sit within the flower and remain both strongly attached and upright. I cut a backing for her and the pin is sandwiched between the image and the backing.
I stamped her then stamped her again, this time embossing in silver, then cut just the wings, which I filled with diamond Stickles.
Each box has different Summer themed stamping – some of the boxes have quotes inside, some work together and some are separate. The first box is Moon Girl in the flower, and the bottom of the box is decorated outside with a Picnic and inside with bugs. I’ll show more detail tomorrow.
Box 2 is Blue Skies and inside, sun showers and a quote.
Box 3 is Sleeping in on top, a quote inside, long lazy days on the outside of the bottom and sandy beaches on the inside
The final box has a quote on the top and inside a sun made from both a Zettiology stamp and one of the skeletons in the wash (as I like to call them) with some gems and Here Comes the Sun
Somehow I think I must have used the two sheets I cut for the box between box two and box three (which should have been box four!) because the fit is much roomier than it should be. I’ll probably go back and make that additional one at some point.
What fun it was to make!
Here is a shot of most of the stamps I used:
I am def. missing the big flower but I think the rest of them are there. I have Jo’s bees from the newest Stampotique collection on my wish list but to be honest I have been on a bit of a binge recently and will have to hold off on buying them for a bit. Luckily I had a small foam stamp of a bee that fit. And the Paper Artsy checkerboard worked really well for the picnic cloth, and some very old stamps of sand dunes, rippling water and little grassy clumps all helped set a scene.
So I’ll add some more detailed shots tomorrow and details of how to cut, crease and fold the boxes along with how to measure to ensure they nest properly on Wednesday.