scrappystickyinkymess


6 Comments

Sometimes, you just want to take the time…

It’s been a while since I did a layout.  I seem to be on a bit of a mini-book kick at the moment, but I feel a sea-change coming on.  This layout was one I had in my head for a while.  A recent clear up in my scraproom meant I discovered a lot of “gotta have some of that!” supplies than I had sort of forgotten 5 minutes after I bought them.  A couple of little tubes of sequins caught my eye.  I had experimented with beading on layouts a while back and also found a plain sheet of cardstock with a beaded swirl on it, that had been a test of the process.  I liked it then, I like it now, but I never took it any further.  This week, I did!







In reality it took me as long, mostly in the evenings in front of the TV, to do this layout as it took me to make the Vintage mini I posted.  It was W was OMWW this week but it took till today for me to get it all stuck down.



The flowers ar Sir Tim’s but I used a 6-petal flower from the  Saru’s flowers dingbat cut on my Cricut using SCAL instead.  They look a bit different to his but I still like them.







The entire background card is covered with pink organza – I was surprised to find that a rub on adhered so well to it:







The little letter tiles must be 8 years old, and the word bead at least 5 or 6. The fronds are from a Fancy Pants stamp se that I’ve had for ages an only just cracked open.



The beading is actually fairly simple – I drew a swirl or three on vellum, then laid it over the layout and poked the holes at regular intervals, trying to match the size of the sequins.  Then it was up thru the card, threading on a sequin and a bead, then back thru just the sequin and the card to secure it and up thru the next hole – over and over and over again!



If you decide to give it a go, check at least 10 beads for fitting your needle thru.  If five get stuck, pick a smaller needle or a bead with a bigger hole!  Trust me on this one.